Two Week Post Spinal Fusion - Tired Tired Tired

It's been 15 days.

Overall, mostly things just get better each day. I'm weaned down about as much as I can be at this point on drugs. I had probably my most comfortable nights sleep last night.

I feel, though, that I've gotten to the "cranky" stage. My back scar is to the point of being mildly itchy, tight, and annoying for anything to touch it. I am mentally clear enough to want to do a lot of things that I can't do and be annoyed by all the things I see around the house that I can't do. It's really hit me in the past few days that I have so many limits on what I can do. My biggest priority going into this was not to be "typical me" and to stick to the recovery plan and not push myself.

So today I'm trying to figure out what I can do to be productive around the house that won't set back my recovery. And that's a surprisingly difficult list to come up with.

In trying to be productive, I realized yesterday that if I want to get out of the house, I really don't have anything to wear that doesn't look tremendously sloppy. So I took my first trip out of the house and went to Target with my husband to buy a couple of loose shift dresses.

Walking around Target a bit got me pretty tired and at one point I was quite flushed and sweaty. Another reminder of how much more recovery I have ahead of me.

But it was nice to get out of the house for a bit and it felt good to get cleaned up and "dressed" even if it was only in sweat pants and a super giant flannel. (That was the "nicest" outfit I could come up with).

X ray and check up in two weeks. I can't wait to see what that xray holds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dave Ramsey, I'm done with you

Spinal Fusion Surgery - 3 month out